Saturday 7 July 2012

Beach Make Up - Be a Beach Babe








Beach Make Up – Be a  Beach Babe


So ladies, I know we are all fed up of this gloomy British weather, so maybe we all need some nice summer products to perk up our day.

Below is a checklist of the essentials we all like to take away with us, most of them are all ticked off but we have one section, which we may need a little assistance with :-)

Check List:

Summer Holiday Booked – Check

Clothing – Check

Accessories – Check

Footwear – Check

Make Up & Beauty Products – ? This is were I come in Ladies, with my top picks of the best Make Up and Beauty Products to take away on your summer holidays you are sure to look nothing less than perfect.


My Top Pick for the Eyes, if you choose to wear a Mascara on holiday always make sure you purchase a Waterproof one, below are two great Mascara’s perfect for the Beach.

Splurge – Clinique Lash Power Mascara Long Wearing Formula, this Mascara was voted Winner of the Look Magazine for the Best Waterproof Mascara. This Mascara lasts through rain, sweat and humidity so perfect for a holiday. RRP £16.00



Save – Maxfactor Masterpiece Waterproof Mascara, defines and separates lashes. The high tech IFX brush really helps with those hard to reach lashes in the corner of the eyes. RRP £8.99

 

My Top Pick for the Lips, for the lips I would recommend a product that provides moisturising care, a SPF and provides a lovely sheer wash of colour. Below are my two favourites.

Splurge – MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15, this Balm provides colour, conditions lips, and locks in moisture (perfect) It also contains Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract and Vitamins A and E. RRP £11.00. Available in three different shades.



Save – Nivea Pearly Shine SPF10, I have to say most of the time I opt for this product it provides long lasting Moisturisation along with a gorgeous pearly shine which leaves your lips silky smooth. Protects against UVA and UVB rays. RRP £2.29




My top Picks for the Face – Even if I am sunbathing I do like a little something on my face (not to much mind you) something just to give my skin some warmth until my tan appears ;-), once my tan arrives I still opt for bronzer or Blusher, a perfect flush on the cheeks is essential. Below are my two top picks for the face.

Splurge – MAC Mineralize Blush in Solar Ray, A mineral based blusher creates the look of a blush from within the skin instead of it looking like it sits on top of the skin, this MAC Blusher is perfect for those lazy summer days RRP 19.00



Save – Make Up Academy Mosaic Bronzer, I just love MUA products they are amazing for the price tag. This Bronzer is amazing it comes in two different shades one with pink undertones, this is best suited to medium skin tones and ladies with blonde hair, whilst the more golden undertones is suited to brunettes. Each compact contains four different shades so when your brush is swirled around you achieve a multi-tonal look, which will bring out the natural tone for your skin. At the moment these are 2 for £4.00 at www.muastore.co.uk



Tip - When applying bronzer the trick is to start with a little amount this way you can build up your desired colour. Apply to where the light naturally hits your face so i.e. your cheekbones, your forehead, chin and the bridge of your nose. Result a perfect sun kissed bronzed face – Beautiful.

My Top Picks for the Body – I have found I do love a good sunscreen, which incorporates a touch of shimmer to it; this gives your skin that gorgeous glistening look whilst sunning yourself. Below are my two picks for you:

Splurge – Dior Bronze Beautifying Sun care for the Body SPF30, This gorgeous shimmering formula contains an exclusive Tan-Protect complex to provide the best protection resulting in a more intense longer lasting tan. RRP £31 - £35 depending on stockists



Save – Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect Lotion SPF40, this lotion is water resistant for 80 minutes, protects against UVA & UVB, includes mica minerals and leaves your skin enhanced and highlighted. RRP £11.19



If you have a holiday coming up soon why not take advantage of my beach make up and beauty best picks,  you will soon be a Beautiful Bronzed Goddess. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I will be happy to help.

Have Fun in the Sun xx






No comments:

Post a Comment