Monday 23 July 2012

Ardell Duralash Individual Lashes







Ardell Duralash Naturals – Individual Lashes

Hi Ladies,

Over the weekend I used some of my Ardell Individual False Lashes, I use these a lot on Brides to be as they provide a natural full lash look. As bridal make up is more natural I tend to stick to individual lashes rather than strip lashes as these can look a bit much on a bride.

You can purchase Ardell Individual Lashes on Ebay, the prices are fantastic I get x1 pack for £3.29 or you can buy 3 packs for £10. For us Make Up Artists it is sometimes best to buy in bulk so we have a supply in our kits.

You can buy a pack with just short, medium or long lashes in or a pack with a mixture in. I tend to buy a mixture of the lashes, I use more of the medium length but I do like to use the longer lashes on the outer eye are area.

These can be fiddly little things to apply; a steady hand is always a good thing to have when applying these. J

Below are my top tips on applying individual lashes:

  • Always curl your eyelashes first
  • Apply one coat of mascara first, some people don’t do this but I find it helps with the blending of the individual lashes.
  • Try and gage the length of your own lashes and pick the most suitable length from the pack. If you have short lashes and apply the longer ones it will not look right. As you can see from my picture I have medium length lashes so I used medium individual lashes and put two longer ones on the outer eye area to provide the fluttering effect. Yet still natural. I also used x2 shorter length individual lashes coming in towards the inner eye area. If you have short lashes then the medium length individual lashes will be just fine for the outer eye area.  Just go one length longer for the outer eye area.
  • Apply the lashes as close to your natural lashes as you can, I apply them sitting in between the lashes so instead of them sticking to the lash line they stick right into the root area. You can use as many lashes as you like, I like to use quite a few so they look full.
  • Once you have applied all the necessary lashes apply x2 coats of mascara, again this will really blend the lashes into one another. And really make your eyes pop.
  • I used L’Oreal Mega Volume Mascara in Black, and to apply the lashes I use Duralash Glue from Ebay, this comes out white but dries clear – A godsend.
  • And lastly, I apply a line of gel liner across my lash line just to cover were the lashes have been stuck (if they are visible) and mostly to provide some definition. I use Fashionista Gel Liner or MAC Fluid Line for this.

Hope this helps for when you next apply your lashes x

No comments:

Post a Comment